SUNCREAT - July 11 2022
#What We Create: Blaze Family
Blaze family, known as @ourfamilyadventures on Instagram with over 100,000 followers, loved and have traveled the world with many memories. We were excited to know their colorful experience and opinions about travel and outdoor activities!
Here's our interview:
Hi, we've followed you on social media, but please introduce yourself to everyone, especially new friends.
We are the Blaze family! I’m Tiffany, and my husband is Jacob. We have 3 kids: Taylor (23), Ocea (7), and Cedar (5). We typically travel 4-5 months of the year, but our home base is in Franklin, TN.
What countries and cities have you been to? Which place do you like best and why？
As of this month, we have been to 48 states with our two littles. We just took them to Minnesota, and we loved it so much we are already planning our next trip back. My husband and I have been to several countries individually, but we’ve taken the little ones to Canada, Iceland, and Mexico so far. We are dying to get them to Ireland because that’s been our absolute favorite.
What made you want to take a camera to record your life and post them on social media?
I naturally love taking videos of my kids to have when they’re older. Combine that with a love of photography, and that’s how we ended up here. It’s also been really fun to share our story and remind others that it is possible to travel with kids. It’s actually super enjoyable!
What does outdoor life mean to you? What is the most memorable time you spent outdoors?
We believe an outdoor life is a life well-lived. From the fresh air to the scenic views, it’s a perfect place for our children to explore God’s creation. I’d have to say one of our most memorable days would be the day we took a boat out on Lake Powell. I remember our whole family being in awe the entire time.
SUNCREAT - July 17th 2023
The Allure of American Hammock Culture: A Journey through the Evolution of Hammocks
Dear readers, welcome to our blog post dedicated to the enchanting world of American hammock culture. In this article, we will take you on a journey exploring the historical roots, evolution, and contemporary appeal of hammocks in the United States. So grab a cup of your favorite beverage, relax, and immerse yourself in the world of American hammocks.
Origins of American Hammock Culture:
1. Ancient Origins: The origins of hammocks can be traced back thousands of years to the indigenous civilizations of the Americas. Native American tribes, such as the Mayans and the Taino people of the Caribbean, used hammocks for sleeping, resting, and protection from insects.
2. Caribbean Influence: During the age of exploration, European sailors encountered hammocks in the Caribbean and quickly recognized their practicality. Sailors adopted hammocks for use on ships due to their space-saving nature, comfort, and ability to sway with the motion of the vessel.
The Evolution of American Hammocks:
1. 18th and 19th Centuries: Hammocks gained popularity in the United States during the 18th and 19th centuries. They were used in military contexts, providing soldiers with a comfortable and elevated sleeping solution, free from damp ground and crawling critters. This practice continued well into the 20th century, particularly during World War II.
2. Leisure and Backyard Hammocks: As the 20th century progressed, hammocks transitioned from military use to leisure and relaxation. Backyards, patios, and gardens became popular places for hanging hammocks, offering a tranquil space for unwinding and enjoying nature.
1. Innovation in Materials: With advancements in technology and materials, hammocks have undergone significant transformations. From traditional rope and canvas hammocks to modern options made of durable fabrics like nylon and polyester, today's hammocks offer enhanced comfort, durability, and portability.
2. Versatile Designs: Modern hammocks come in various styles, catering to different preferences and settings. From classic spreader-bar hammocks to Brazilian hammocks and hammock chairs, there is an option for everyone, whether you seek a cozy reading nook or a stylish backyard centerpiece.
The Allure of American Hammock Culture Today:
1. Outdoor Adventure and Camping: Hammocks have become a beloved staple among outdoor enthusiasts and campers. Lightweight camping hammocks provide an alternative to traditional tents, offering a comfortable and elevated sleeping experience while minimizing gear weight and bulk.
2. Relaxation and Wellness: Hammocks are renowned for their ability to induce relaxation and reduce stress. Swinging gently in a hammock can promote deeper relaxation, stress relief, and even improved sleep quality. Many Americans now incorporate hammocks into their wellness routines, using them for meditation, yoga, or simply unwinding after a long day.
3. Design and Décor: In addition to their functional appeal, hammocks have become a trendy element of interior and exterior design. From bohemian-inspired indoor hammock installations to chic backyard arrangements, hammocks add a touch of style and create a cozy atmosphere in any space.
Embracing the Hammock Lifestyle:
Social Connections and Gatherings:
Hammocks have a unique way of bringing people together. They provide a cozy and inviting space for friends and family to relax, share stories, and create lasting memories. Whether it's a backyard barbecue, a beach picnic, or a camping trip, hammocks foster a sense of camaraderie and togetherness. Wellness and Mindfulness: Hammocks offer more than just physical relaxation; they also contribute to mental well-being. The gentle rocking motion of a hammock can help reduce stress, promote mindfulness, and provide a peaceful escape from the fast-paced modern world. Many individuals incorporate hammocks into their meditation and mindfulness practices, finding solace and rejuvenation in their gentle embrace.
Design and Décor:
Hammocks have become an integral part of interior and exterior design. Their effortless elegance and versatility make them a stylish addition to any living space. Whether you choose a vibrant, patterned hammock for a bohemian-inspired indoor oasis or a sleek, modern design for your outdoor patio, hammocks add a touch of charm and sophistication to your surroundings.
Supporting Sustainability and Fair Trade:
Ethical Manufacturing Practices:
As responsible consumers, many Americans are increasingly drawn to brands that prioritize ethical manufacturing practices. When purchasing a hammock, it is important to choose brands that source materials responsibly and support fair trade initiatives. By supporting sustainable hammock production, consumers can contribute to environmental conservation and the well-being of artisans in developing countries.
Hammocks provide an eco-friendly alternative to traditional seating options. By opting for a hammock, you reduce the demand for furniture made from non-renewable resources. Additionally, hammocks have a smaller carbon footprint compared to bulky outdoor furniture, making them a sustainable choice for conscious consumers.
As we conclude our exploration of American hammock culture, it is evident that these suspended sanctuaries have woven their way into the hearts and lives of many Americans. With a rich history rooted in ancient civilizations, hammocks have evolved into a symbol of relaxation, adventure, and leisure.
Whether you are seeking an escape from the pressures of daily life or an immersive outdoor experience, a hammock provides a serene oasis where you can unwind and reconnect with yourself and nature. So why not embrace the allure of American hammock culture and embark on your own hammocking journey today?
When was your last backyard makeover? What updates did you make?
We are actually working on that now since we recently moved. I love creating an inviting space that says, “Psst, it’s more fun out here than inside.” I want my family and friends to want to hang outdoors when they visit.
What originally made you want a hammock? Why did you finally choose SUNCREAT?
I really enjoy snuggling up with the kids and reading books to them. We also love finding shapes and pictures in the clouds. It’s one of my favorite memories from my childhood, and I want to share that experience with them. I did some research on hammocks and loved the SUNCREAT’s reviews and styles. We are loving our hammock and so happy with our choice.
When do you find yourself using the hammock most often? Weekend or weekday? At your leisure or after a busy day?
Our absolute favorite time to lie in the hammock is just before dinner time. I take each child out individually for a one-on-one, and we lie in in it searching the clouds and chatting about their favorite part of the day. They almost always say, “right now.”